Towards a more gracious Singapore
As I was about to alight from the LRT train, a group of kids (who were standing right where the "slit" of the sliding doors was) ran in.. knocking aside some alighting passengers in their rush to get to the front window seats. They were followed by their parents.Oooohh.. the kids (and the parents) were really tempting me...
tempting me to say,
"Although your parents didn't teach you that it's basic courtesy to let passengers alight first, didn't your teachers in school teach you that??"
[considering the general 素质 (quality) of teachers nowadays.. I really do think it's too much to hope for.. but that's another story altogether]
I managed to keep my tongue in check.
Can you see a vicious cycle going on here?
Parent does not teach child courtesy --> child thinks his acts are acceptable --> child becomes parent --> child (of child) not taught courtesy.
What happened to 《好公民》 education??


2 Comments:
kids and adults all alike! its especially frustrating when you need to squeeze thru a wall a people standing outside the train door when you alight.
i am not sure bout the moral ed syllabus, but it'll good if they can include some topics about being a considerate commuter.
I'm not sure abt the current syllabus.. but i vaguely remember I was taught to let passengers alight first.
Post a Comment
<< Home